HOME | WORLD CUP 99 | FORUM
April 16, 1999

Assorted mail on various topics

The Wasim Akram interview:
navin kapoor: rohankapoor@hotmail.com:

navin kapoor: rohankapoor@hotmail.com:

The Sanjay Manjrekar column:
kiran : ankir92@hotmail.com: probable stars to watch are undoubtedly - sachin.whatever he does, it is a news.more than that Rahul Dravid is the one trustworthy player.Hope Agarkar will turn out to be a leading wicket taker.Kumble may have a horrifying tour of world cup.jadeja will get more praises.last but not the least let us hope Azhar will click in his favourite english grounds.

The Sachin Tendulkar interview:
Kiran.G: Dallastiger_eyes@hotmail.com: Listen people I am no expert, but from what I saw in the Sharjah Cup, I would say there was something wrong with the team within, cause you can't just go from losing badly to winning in a short space of time. So was it the captain or was it the Board?? But the way the Indian team is playing now, sure makes me proud, they stand up to a fight!!! the last three games showed it, kept there cools. So thumbs up to Jadeja, cause he showed the way, the team has talent, but all we need was a true leader, to bring those features out in each individual, proving that they are not a bunch of losers, but were starved of the necessary direction and aims and views to win as a team. I don't frankly care even if they lose the finals cause, it is brillant to see them play as an unit, as team, no individual members here!!! Just a bunch of talented and hard working men, with a SHARP leader!!! Even the Indian think tank are operating well, due to the statements that a team can win, even if they are chasing and the dew factor was pointed out by Jadeja and he was said to predict the outcome. So could Jadeja be the next Hansie Cronje??? Who cares, but GOODLUCK for the Final's and we are sure Proud of what we see.

Pramod: prakruti@satyam.net.in: I feel Sachin shouldn't have played the Delhi test & should've taken immediate treatment so that he could've been ready for the ongoing Sharjah tournament.We had to play our full team in Sharjah so that they can get the coordination and get into the winning habit.Sachin could've done with some vital match practice before the world cup.Anyway I wish the team the best of luck.I don't expect thm to win the world cup because ther are better teams like SA,AUS and PAK.I would like India to give in their 100%.ALL THE BEST INDIA.

The Steven Lynch column:
cricfan: cricfan@hotmail.com: Good article. Helped explain what we can look forward to. However, I don't like the idea of points being carried over to the second round. I think the second round should have started with everyone at zero points. This gives the top two teams a distinct advantage of making the semis. On the other hand, nobody can take their league games lightly. It will be interesting. Let the games begin.

Veer Prashanth: p_veer@yahoo.com: This is good interview.What he had said about Indian Cricket team is 100% correct.We should change a lot in this matter. Best Regards, Veer Prashanth.

The Steven Lynch column:
kedar: kedark@ix.netcom.com: After going through the rules, I still have some confusion about teams carrying their points to Super Six stage.

Senthil Govindan: jondil@hotmail.com: The points system seems fair on the whole. Having the points from the qulaifying phase carry over to the Super Six undermines the very unpredictability that makes ODIs so enticing. One wonders, for example how far Pakistan would have gone two World Cups back if this system had been in play.

The Steven Lynch column:
prashanth: prashant@qualcomm.com: they can make the rule as complicated as they want, the only criterion should be fairness to both teams. it was about time someone did that. i think only good will come out of this. all u really need is a cheap computer to calculate the target score and i'm sure there are plenty of those.

The Steven Lynch column:
Geoffrey George: geoffrey_george@yahoo.com: Boy ... These rules sure seem to be be tough !!!

The Steven Lynch column:
Azhar: iamazhar@aol.com: u forgot to include zimbabwe... I assume it is in group A.

The Steven Lynch column:
Anil Kumar Akurathi: akakurathi@hotmail.com: I would like to find some links to other web sites from this article. eg: In this case I would like to have a link which gives all the current rules of the cricket game.

The Steven Lynch column:
venkat: venkat456@rediff.com: 1>>Each side will bat for 50 overs, with no bowler sending down more than ten... wa re wha! This report is not very accurate. looks like one of those "we need one so make one up" kind of article.

The Steven Lynch column:
Senthil Govindan: jondil@hotmail.com: The points system seems fair on the whole. Having the points from the qulaifying phase carry over to the Super Six undermines the very unpredictability that makes ODIs so enticing. One wonders, for example how far Pakistan would have gone two World Cups back if this system had been in play.

The Steven Lynch column:
Senthil Govindan: jondil@hotmail.com: The points system seems fair on the whole. Having the points from the qualifying phase carry over to the Super Six, however, undermines the very unpredictability that makes ODIs so enticing. One wonders, for example how far Pakistan would have gone two World Cups back if this system had been in play.

The Steven Lynch column:
sameer mohan: mohan_sameer@hotmail.com: A very very good article to make us aquainted with all the wcc 99 rules.

The Steven Lynch column:
Parry : pgupta@nai.com: Definitely send a copy of Explanation of the Rules to the Indian selectors and think tank. And , please make it as simple and lucid as possible so that even a two yr old can understand. Cheerio.

Rajeev Mohnot: mohnot@hotmail.com: Mohammad Azharuddin with or without ? India now has a great team and but needs a real captain so that Indains can learn to snatch victory instead of giving victory to other teams. HE SHOULD STEP DOWN IMMEDIATELY FOR BETTERMENT OF INDIAN CRICKET. WORLD CUP WILL BE OURS IF WE CHOOSE A THINKING ENTHUSATIC BOLD INTELIIGENT SHREWD CAPTAIN. May be GANGULY OR JADEJA. Unfortunately Azhar lacks all these points and selectors & other board memebers are not only pack of jockers (rightly said by great Jimmy)- they are bunch of LOOTERs and rapper of Indain cricket. Best of luck to Indian cricket.

The Steven Lynch column:
Vinod Somanchi: brij_vinod@hotmail.com: It sounds quite interesting. Where can I find more details about the rules and regulations?

Prem Pujari: maharajkumar@yahoo.com: The last time, India won the cup, it was because of supeb captaincy. This time, its main weakness is ites captain. This side of talented individuals certainly deserved more than a lacklustre captain. Its as good as not having a captain at all. Let the players manage themselves ! What a waste of a side. You don't need Sachin's cricketing brain to know that.

Suryanarayanan Ramamurthy: suryan@hotmail.com: Worth wathcing : SR Tendulkar Rahul Dravid Saurav Ganguly V Prasad Srinath Agarkar Kurasia Suited for the english conditions. Flops: RR Singh Kumble Nayan Mongia (could be his last outing) Azhar (not just the man he was)

The Steven Lynch column:
Prasad: manghat@tibco.com: I don't like u specifying that "the uninhibited pinch hitters swinging their way" in the last world. Do u mean Sachin, Jayasurya, Mark Waugh, Aranvinda etc are uninhibited pinch hitter rather batsmen who cherries on top of a cake, if the cake is equivalent to batting. For that matter they don't know how to swing their bat. They and many more of them have given us the pleasure to see some great batting.
And I bet, on a given day, these people are as much capable of doing it as in the subcontinent, may be not not very frequently.

gaurang: buntyturbo@yahoo.com: i think every think depends on master blaster of the century that what i think and i pray to god that india win this world cup. and i hope if they make ajay jadeja a world cup captain........good luck my indian team. i hope master blaster will show excellent work against shoib akhatar.

The Steven Lynch column:
sudhin bhobe: sud_len@hotmail.com: Did Einstein ever play cricket? Can Azza count?

The Steven Lynch column:
Balasubramanian: nara@ime.org.sg: Can Rediff publish the Duckworth method of calculating the target in case of rain-affected games?

The Steven Lynch column:
deepak ramananda: depkr@altavista.net: Excellent appetizer for the Grand Party called World Cup.

The Steven Lynch column:
Jagan: j_nadh@yahoo.com: You forgot mentioning zimbabwe's name in the first pool , ie the same pool that india figures in.It would have been more interesting if u could give the calculations of the duckworth method.. Over all it is fine.

The Roger Binny interview:
altaf mistry: almech@usa.net: the interview was a really a graet one and i really enjoyed it

HOME | NEWS | BUSINESS | SPORTS | MOVIES | CHAT | INFOTECH | TRAVEL
SHOPPING HOME | BOOK SHOP | MUSIC SHOP | HOTEL RESERVATIONS
EDUCATION | PERSONAL HOMEPAGES | FREE EMAIL | FEEDBACK