Rediff Logo World Cup 99
HOME | WORLD CUP 99 | FORUM
May 12, 1999

Harsha Bhogle talks to Prem Panicker

A note from the Sports Editor: The response to this feature was all we hoped it would be. And yes, this will be a regular feature -- two more audio feeds before the World Cup begins, then one after every India game during the preliminary phase, and once we are into the Super Six, there will be an audio feed, to supplement our commentary and match report, after every single match.

aditya narain: aditya.narain@wdr.com: Are we not a batsman short - We are playing basically with ony 5 batsmen and robin singh. In additon for all practival purposes, all ou rbowlers and our wicketkeeper cant be expected to do much - they have not done so for the last year or so, and in english conditions, it is even less likely. In addition, we just dont have a pich hitter. So, all in all, we are a batsman short, do not have a wicketkeeper batsman (that makes ys two batsmen short), and do not have a pich hitter. I think we shoul dshft our composition from the one that is currently being touted - drop agarkar and play khurasia, and get ganguly, jadeja and tendulkar to make up the rest of the over.

arvind varma: arvindvarma@hotmail.com: Thanks a lot for the interesting chat with the lively and ebullient Harsha.Hope to be looking out for more of such chats.Harsha,keep racing with your comments and impel India too to follow in your stride.

DC Patel: dc@postimpressions.com: Hi Prem, I very much like this feature - it's great because it gives us an insight to whats happening with the Indian team. I live in UK and scan the national media for these kind of news but there is very little. Keep this up. I agree the support for the Indian team is brilliant. I hope to add to this support by attending Ind v Kenya (mixed feeling here as I was born in Kenya) and the Ind v End (No mixed feeling here I assure you - only one team to support and you have guessed it). regards and keep the good work going. DC

pravin, dimple, daksh, jingle: prisma@satyam.net.in: all our best wishes to the great Indian team. we believe in the team & its abilities. captain or no captain the team is like the one of clive llyod's in its hey days. which actually didn't need a captain to motivate. even without the 11th player (captain?) the team is capable of pulping any side. we do have full faith in azzha's abilities & the man himself. GO! INDIA. GO!

bhuvanesh dave: bdave_think@hotmail.com: I would have expected bolder comments on the preparedness of our players and the misgivings we all feel about this team, not acting as a team. Until and unless the gems are united in a crown the beauty and the world cup crown will not be ours. But all us will be waiting and watching and hoping for the best. So, best of luck India and please more information on ground conditions from Harsh. Yours sincerely , Bhuvanesh Dave

Sridhar: moorthy@mgmt.utoronto.ca: Great feature. One more thing that makes Rediff compelling.

avinash bhondwe: avinash_15@vsnl.com: Even if India beats South Africa, don't you think we may get beaten up by Kenya, since we play better against best side & worse against a bad side?

Manickchand: manik66@hotmail.com: Wish all good luck to our team. We are all with you. We will win it! Jai Hind!

palani: palani@hehe.com: Come on guys show the world who we are think us we are with u always best of luck its me thinking of u always palani

K.S.ANAND: jaicohyd@hd1.vsnl.net.in: I FEEL HARSHA IS VERY CLEAR AND UNBIASED IN HIS REPORTS UNLIKE THE SO CALLES EX CRICKETERS WHO ALWAYS HAVE SOME GRUDGE AGAINST ONE OR ANOTHER FROM THEIR PLAYING DAYS.I FEEL HARSHA'S REPORTS ARE MORE TECHNICALLY CORRECT AND VERY VERY ENTERTAINING.HOPE TO READ THE BEST FROM HARSHA IN COMING DAYS.

praveen: praveenjb@hotmail.com: hi harsha, well my question is that you seem to say that india's bowling looks more good than batting,but that is only on the paper but when the real thing is going to happen do you really think india's bowling is going to fire.Another question is that india's standing in the odds as finishin 7th is it really justofied and do you think that whether that will a sort of advantage for the team going in as a underdog without too much pressure on them,do u think they will be able to spring some surprises praveen,sydney

Previous Forum

HOME | NEWS | BUSINESS | SPORTS | MOVIES | CHAT | INFOTECH | TRAVEL | SINGLES
SHOPPING HOME | BOOK SHOP | MUSIC SHOP | HOTEL RESERVATIONS
EDUCATION | PERSONAL HOMEPAGES | FREE EMAIL | FEEDBACK