Rediff Logo World Cup 99
HOME | WORLD CUP 99 | FORUM
May 7, 1999

The Harsha Bhogle column

Nikhil Shah: nikhils@netpeoplecorp.com: What about Donald /SA and Fleming /NZ or Anwar / Pak and Jadeja /India.

Shyam: shyam_chennai@hotmail.com: Dear harsha Your views and articles are excellent and provide food fro some keen discussion out here in chennai. We are really keen to know the composition of the commentary team on Espn-Star for the forthcoming world cup.Could you either post it to me or announce it on your next Rediff article.

JAYAKUMAR JANAKIRMAN: jaykumarj89@hotmail.com: HARSHA, YOU PLEASE KEEP WRITING ARTICLES LIKE THIS FOR CRICKET THIRSTY PEOPLE LIKE ME. DESCRIBE EVERY WORLD CUP MATCH IN HARSHA'S STYLE. WE WOULD ATLEAST SEE IT THRU UR EYES !!!

Amit Madupu: amit@niu.edu: You are one of the best sports or rather cricket writer we have got in india right now, u seem to keep on churning out one superlative article after another. can't wait to what ur going to come up with during he world cup. keep it up.

star: star@god.com: Stars easily burn out

Mahan: mahan@cce.net: one of those dull articles. didnt feel like reading...

deepak: deepak@hotmail.com: dear harsha, read ur artical it was funny i laugh a lot today..i really take pity on ur imaginations and knowledege..i wonder how come u say indian team will depend solely on tendulkar..?? listen harsha even if tendulkar is kicked out of indian team and there is captain like ajay jadeja,india will win world cup but on other hand even if there are 10 sachin tendulkars in the team and azzaruddin is captian then india will be lucky to even one match in the world cup...i tell u what harsha...kapil dev, bishen bedi, pataudi, jadeja are very positive minded,highly confindent, courageous captains where as gavaskar, azzarudin,tendulkar,wadekar are cowardly captians so .... before writing plese do some more searchings and instead of praising onlt sachin try to praise players like jadeja,sidhu,robin singh, sunil joshi,prasad,mongia etc

VinooPauls: vinoopauls@rediffmail.com: This is a good article!!!

Sunny Borad: sunny.borad@db.com: Harsha, What's wrong with you? No Indian Player in your list? Which country are you from?

The Sports Editor replies: In Harsha's article, right at the outset, he had mentioned that for any fan, there is his own team, and then the other stars. Obviously, therefore, Harsha didn't talk of the Indian stars, since he had already indicated that he was supporting the whole team, just like the rest of us.

Sudesh: : I always wanted to tell our seamers to bowl around the wicket to left handers. Pls convey it to them. It is difficult to play around the wicket bowling for a left hander. I myself is a left hander.

dsat: dsat@hotmail.com: hi there
i think indian team would have done good without the useless azhar, instead they could have had jadeja leading from the front.

Prakash: pvelamur@us.oracle.com: Azhar should be out and Khurasia or Ramesh should be in the middle

Selva: gselvakumar@hotmail.com: Beautiful selection of words. Keep it up!

Shina : asray@worldnet.att.net: Best wishes to the indian team fro lot of fans in Los Angeles.

Santhi Booshan: booshan@qcominc.com: Bhogle is giving very motivating words. Bhogle! Please make our Indian Cricketers that they can lift world cup and they have the right potential to do it.

satish: bhaskar_pn@hotmail.com: good article

mona: imeamit@hotmail.com: why did u start with commentry... weren't u satisfied w/t yr job

Krishna Narasimhan: kmandyam@cisco.com: Looks like Harsha is a die - hard fan of Aravinda. Aravinda is a novice when compared to Sachin. Harsha donot put Aravind ahead of Sachin, people will stop reading your columns, which in any case is boring.

Kalyanaraman: gkalyanram@yahoo.com: This is a very good collection of Star Players.The good thing about this article is the unbiased way that Harsha has chosen the list.

Ramesh K Sistla: rksmiles@hotmail.com: Hi Harsha, Don't forget look for Graham Thorpe for all the talent he has, Nasser Hussain for his mercurial fielding(do you know, in Sharjah, he was always the 12th man but fielded for England for almost 50 overs), Mahela of SL - the future De Silva, Bevan for his run a ball efforts, and others. Isn't it the characterestic of sport to throw up dark horses in to light! They are lurking round the corner. This cup belongs to that team which performs as a unit. Regards

darshan: darshan_ram@hotmail.com: harsha is just incomparable!!

bharath: ohyesbee@hotmail.com: I'd like to add my $0.02 to Harsha's column. I think South Africa will beat India in the semis, play Pakistan in the finals, to win the world cup. Man of the world cup: Hansie Cronje Why: 2 words "Mohinder Amarnath"
Without any question, the tournament will be decided between the 15th and 40th overs. Which means good middle order batting and smart middle overs bowling. I also think India, contrary to the general belief, will do a heckuva-job and play extraordinarily well.
My dark horse: England.

UDAY JAYARAMAN: uday.jayaraman@mailcity.com: i just read this article & i feel that this is an extremely well written one. one can see that pride & passion when leander plays for his country,be it davis cup or the olympics.win or lose,we love leander.that's all we ask from our cricketers,a wholehearted,never say die effort,so that win or lose ,we can feel proud that our boys gave their best for our country.is that too much to ask for?

Previous Forum

HOME | NEWS | BUSINESS | SPORTS | MOVIES | CHAT | INFOTECH | TRAVEL | SINGLES
SHOPPING HOME | BOOK SHOP | MUSIC SHOP | HOTEL RESERVATIONS
EDUCATION | PERSONAL HOMEPAGES | FREE EMAIL | FEEDBACK