The National Commission for Educational Research and Training has decided not to carry out any changes in history textbooks for the current academic session.
Changes will be carried out, essentially to "de-saffronise" the books, in the next session, Human Resources Development Minister Arjun Singh told the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The NCERT's executive committee met in New Delhi last week, the minister said, to discuss the recommendations of an expert panel.
"Because of the already advanced stage of the current academic session, it was, unfortunately, not practical to change all the books at this stage," he said.


