Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi said on Thursday that her government was ready for a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into last week's killing of three students in a "fake" encounter with the police, if the victims' families demanded so.
The Criminal Investigation Department was probing the incident and the guilty will be brought to justice, she said in Patna on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Defence Minister George Fernandes visited the families of the three youths and addressed a press conference in Patna.
"The NDA [National Democratic Alliance] imposed President's rule [in Bihar] on two occasions, due to lack of majority in the Rajya Sabha we failed to get it passed," Fernandes said.
Fernandes, who is also convenor of the NDA, said the Congress and the Communist Party of India-Marxist had come to the rescue of the Rashtriya Janata Dal on both the occasions.
"It is time that this government went," he said.
Fernandes said that the NDA would support the ongoing agitation in Patna and the Bihar bandh called by opposition parties on January 3.
He said that the current situation was more or less similar to the 1974 movement under the leadership of Jayaprakash Narayan in Bihar.
"Though there is no JP to lead a movement [now], we will provide leadership and support the agitation launched by students," he said.
With Inputs from Anand Mohan Sahay


