rediff.com
rediff.com
News
      HOME | NEWS | PTI | REPORT
Wednesday
July 31, 2002
1950 IST

NEWSLINKS
US EDITION
SOUTH ASIA
COLUMNISTS
DIARY
SPECIALS
INTERVIEWS
CAPITAL BUZZ
REDIFF POLL
DEAR REDIFF
THE STATES
ELECTIONS
ARCHIVES
SEARCH REDIFF








 Click for confirmed
 seats to India!



 Is your Company
 registered?



 Spaced Out ?
 Click Here!



 Secrets every
 mother should
 know


 Search the Internet
         Tips

E-Mail this report to a friend
Print this page Best Printed on HP Laserjets


Naveen says wait till Aug 6
for news on expansion

Giridhar Gopal in Bhubaneswar

Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will expand his Council of Ministers on August 6.

Patnaik, who called on Governor M M Rajendran to discuss the matter on Wednesday, disclosed this to reporters.

The number of ministers in Orissa, including Patnaik, had come down from 25 to 21 after he dropped three ministers -- Nalini Mohanty and Kamala Das of his own Biju Janata Dal and Prasanta Nanda of the Bharatiya Janata Party -- after they were charged with corruption last year.

Schools and mass education minister Bhagbat Behera died of a brain tumour last month.

Patnaik, who heads a BJD-BJP coalition, is under pressure from party colleagues to induct more ministers.

Though Patnaik has announced the date for the expansion, he did not say anything about the intended size of his government. He may introduce some new faces and drop older faces, sources close to the chief minister told rediff.com

Back to top
(c) Copyright 2002 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.

Tell us what you think of this report

ADVERTISEMENT      
NEWS | MONEY | SPORTS | MOVIES | CHAT | CRICKET | SEARCH
ASTROLOGY | CONTESTS | E-CARDS | NEWSLINKS | ROMANCE | WOMEN
SHOPPING | BOOKS | MUSIC | PERSONAL HOMEPAGES | FREE EMAIL| MESSENGER | FEEDBACK