Parliament attack case: Judgment postponed

December 11, 2002 12:26 IST

Special Judge S N Dhingra on Wednesday postponed the judgment in the Parliament attack case till December 16. He had earlier told newspersons that he would deliver the judgment on December 11.

"I have not been able to complete work on the judgment and it would now be pronounced at 1400 IST on December 16," the judge told newspersons on Wednesday.

The three accused Mohammed Afzal, Shaukat Guru and S A R Geelani were produced before the judge in his chamber under tight security. Even newspersons were not allowed to enter the court room till the accused were taken back to the judicial lock-up.

The fourth accused, Shaukat Guru's wife Navjot Sandhu alias Afsan Guru, has been exempted from appearing in the court.

They have been accused of abetting the terrorists who managed to enter the Parliament House complex on December 13 last year and gunning down a number of security personnel before being killed.

The Delhi police accuses Shaukat and Afzal of helping the terrorists at the instance of Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Maulana Masood Azhar.

The four have been charged under the Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA) and, if convicted, face the death penalty.

Attack on Parliament: Complete Coverage