|
|
|
|
| HOME | NEWS | REPORT | |||
|
November 3, 1999
ELECTION 99
|
CBI told to file original chargesheet in Bofors caseA Delhi court today directed the Central Bureau of Investigation to file tomorrow the original chargesheet in the Bofors kickbacks case in which former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi is an accused though he is not to be tried since he's dead. The CBI had earlier filed a photocopy of the chargesheet, for security reasons, on the advice of the court. Special judge Ajit Bharihoke said he would consider the issue of taking cognizance of the chargesheet after it was filed in original tomorrow. The CBI has sent up for trial the names of five accused persons in the case relating to the Rs 14.36 billion Bofors gun deal signed with AB Bofors of Sweden in 1986. They are former defence secretary S K Bhatnagar, former Bofors agent in India Win Chadha, controversial Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi, former Bofors president Martin Ardbo and the company AB Bofors. |
|
HOME |
NEWS |
ELECTION 99 |
BUSINESS |
SPORTS |
MOVIES |
CHAT |
INFOTECH |
TRAVEL SINGLES | BOOK SHOP | MUSIC SHOP | HOTEL RESERVATIONS | MONEY EDUCATION | PERSONAL HOMEPAGES | FREE EMAIL | FEEDBACK |
|