Rediff Logo News The Rediff Indian Of The Year Find/Feedback/Site Index
HOME | NEWS | REPORT
December 22, 1998

ASSEMBLY POLL '98
COMMENTARY
SPECIALS
INTERVIEWS
CAPITAL BUZZ
REDIFF POLL
DEAR REDIFF
THE STATES
YEH HAI INDIA!
ELECTIONS '98
ARCHIVES

Karnataka government staff call off strike

E-Mail this report to a friend

The two-day-old indefinite strike by employees of the Government of Karnataka was called off this evening following an amicable settlement.

This was announced jointly by Chief Minister J H Patel and State Government Employees' Association president K Sippe Gowda at a press conference in Bangalore.

Patel said that while the basic salary of the employees was almost on par with the central pay structure, the house rent allowance and city compensatory allowance would be decided either on percentage basis or by taking into account the HRA and CCA being drawn in neighbouring states.

Replying to questions, he said the state government had already given Rs 3,000 million as interim relief to the employees and the new pay structure would cost Rs 4,000 million more.

The Cabinet, which is expected to meet tomorrow, will take a formal decision in this regard, he added.

Sippe Gowda appealed to the employees to report for duty from tomorrow.

Earlier Report:
Karnataka strike continues

UNI

Tell us what you think of this report

HOME | NEWS | BUSINESS | SPORTS | MOVIES | CHAT | INFOTECH | TRAVEL
SHOPPING HOME | BOOK SHOP | MUSIC SHOP | HOTEL RESERVATIONS
PERSONAL HOMEPAGES | FREE EMAIL | FEEDBACK