24 new express trains introduced
As many as 24 new trains including New Delhi-Raipur-Bilaspur Rajdhani Express and New Delhi-Ranchi- Hatia Rajdhani Express would be introduced during the coming financial year.
Presenting the 2001-02 Railway Budget in the Lok Sabha, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee said the trains were being introduced after taking into account availability of adequate maintenance to ensure safety as also impact on freight traffic.
The trains are:
- New Delhi-Raipur-Bilaspur weekly Rajdhani Express.
- New Delhi-Ranchi-Hatia weekly Rajdhani Express.
- Bi-weekly Express between Gorakhpur and New Delhi.
- Bangalore-Vasco bi-weekly Express.
- Pune-Ernakulam weekly Express via Londa and Madgaon.
- Asansol-New Jalpaiguri weekly Express.
- Secunderabad-Dharmavaram Express.
- Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri bi-weekly Express.
- Jaipur-Eernakulam weekly Superfast Express.
- Dhanbad-Hatia Intercity Express.
- Howrah-Yashwantpur (Bangalore) Bi-weekly Express.
- Indore-Gandhinagar (Ahmedabad) Bi-weekly Express.
- Howrah-Trivandrum-Nagercoil weekly Express.
- Kurla-Bhubaneshwar (via Sambhalpur) weekly Express.
- Valsad-Patna weekly Express serving Surat area.
- Haldia-Asansol Express.
- Jodhpur-Chennai weekly Express.
- Solapur-Pune Intercity Express.
- Jodhpur-Hardwar Link Express.
- Palghat-Trivandrum Express.
- Bhubaneshwar-Palasa Intercity Service.
- Asansol-Jhajha-Amritsar Express.
- Weekly Rajdhani Express to Secunderabad upon New Delhi terminal works at Hazrat Nizamuddin; and
- Rampurhat-Howrah Intercity Express.
The Railway Budget 2001-2002
The Budget 2001-2002 Special
The Y2K Railway Budget
Tell us what you think of this report