This article was first published 22 years ago

Cellcos to charge new tariff from May 1

Share:

April 08, 2003 17:54 IST

Cellular operators on Tuesday said they were ready to implement the new tariff structure including contentious interconnection user charge from May 1.

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India had convened a meeting of all service providers to discuss the technical aspects for the implementation of IUC regime.

A committee has been formed by Trai consisting the cellular operators to finalise technical details in this regard. The committee would be submitting its recommendations to Trai soon, a COAI release said in New Delhi.

Trai had earlier announced April 1 as the implementation date which was extended by one month as various basic service providers had submitted alternate tariff packages which needed detailed examination by Trai.

Share:

Moneywiz Live!