Rediffmail Money rediffGURUS BusinessEmail

Massa likely to stay: Ferrari

May 28, 2010 13:52 IST

Brazilian Felipe Massa is likely to stay with Ferrari next year alongside Fernando Alonso, team principal Stefano Domenicali said on Thursday.

Asked whether Ferrari would retain the current pairing, the Italian told BBC television in an interview at the Turkish Grand Prix: "Yes, I think so."

Pressed on the point, and asked whether he was sure, Domenicali added: "Yes".

Massa has returned this season from life-threatening head injuries sustained at last year's Hungarian Grand Prix but has been left behind by double world champion Alonso in the standings.

The Brazilian is 14 points behind the Spaniard after six races, with Alonso winning the season-opener in Bahrain.

Several other drivers, notably Renault's Robert Kubica and Red Bull's championship-leading Australian Mark Webber, have been suggested possible replacements for Massa in media speculation.

Source: REUTERS
© Copyright 2026 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

More News Coverage

Fernando AlonsoFelipe MassaStefano DomenicaliBBCRobert Kubica

RELATED STORIES

WEB STORIES

9 Things To Know About Sugar Substitute Stevia

8 Places From The World Of Sherlock Holmes & Doyle

The Art Of Tea: 7 Special Tea Recipes

VIDEOS

NEWS BUSINESS MOVIES CRICKET SPORTS GET AHEAD REDIFF-TV REDIFF ASTRO MOBILE RECHARGE BILL PAYMENTS