None of the 14 persons arrested in Spain for allegedly planning terror attack appears to be from India, according to information reaching official agencies on Monday night.
Sources said Spanish authorities had been approached directly by Indian agencies for identification of individuals arrested in Barcelona in connection with plans to carry out terror strikes in that country.
However, reports indicated that none of the arrested was from India and they comprised mainly nationals from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, they said.
The suspects were detained on Saturday in the northern port city's Raval neighbourhood, home to many Arabic-speaking and Muslim immigrants, in Spain.
The Spanish police on Monday linked all the arrested men with Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Tayiba terror outfit.
In a related move, the External Affairs Ministry had also approached the authorities in Madrid for providing immediate consular access if anyone of the arrested was an Indian national.
The CBI also approached Interpol, Madrid, seeking details about the arrests made. The investigating agency cited media reports about the nabbing of two Indians among the 14 people and sought details immediately. There was no official word so far from Spanish authorities.