Ignoring objections from the US, India on Monday said it will go ahead with the proposed gas pipeline project with Iran.
"Talks are going on. When I was in Iran, I had mentioned categorically that we are interested in the pipeline and negotiations on the pricing are going on," External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told
NDTV.
His response came when asked to comment on US objections to the proposed
Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline.
US Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman, during a visit to India last week, had said Washington was opposed to India having the pipeline project with Iran as it was against his country's law.
India has maintained that feasibility aspects like pricing and commercial viability will be the only factors guiding the trilateral project that is estimated to be of the tune of $7.4 billion.