Rediffmail Money rediffGURUS BusinessEmail

BSNL has no IPO plans: Govt

January 17, 2008 17:36 IST
Source:PTI

State-owned telecom giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has no plans to come out with an initial public offer in the immediate future, a government statement said on Thursday.

"The matter will be discussed internally in the ministry and with the stake holders (government), and then, a suitable decision will be taken in this regard. An IPO for BSNL will be issued if considered appropriate," the statement said.

Last week, BSNL had said that the public sector unit would come out with an IPO, diluting 10 per cent stake to raise over Rs 40,000 crore (Rs 400 billion) to fund its expansion plans, and had valued the company at over $100 billion dollars (over Rs 400,000 crore).

Source: PTI
© Copyright 2026 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.

WEB STORIES

Katrina Kaif's Top 10 Songs

13 Bengali Veg Dishes That Make You Go Bong Bong!

7 Wonderful Car-Free Places In The World

VIDEOS

NewsBusinessMoviesSportsCricketGet AheadDiscussionLabsMyPageVideosCompany Email